The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It provides a meaningful dialog on both local and global issues of increasing importance in our daily lives.
The League influences public policy through education and advocacy. League membership is not for women only - we welcome everyone.
*11/4/15 LWVLPC: Click Nov 3 election results for the current results of the Nov 3 election in the State of Colorado, La Plata County and Durango.
*Thursday, Nov, 19, 1-3PM Location - Bowman Hall at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, State LWV Update Study of the Health Care Position
The League of Women Voters of La Plata County will host a meeting to reach consensus regarding an update to the Colorado State LWV study of the Health Care Position to include Behavioral Health coverage.
Guests for the event will include
- Stephanie Allred from Axis Health System (and LaPlata Integrated Health Clinic)
- Steve Brittain + LaPlata Youth Services
- Jenn Lopez - Director of Homeless Initiatives for Colorado Governor John W. Hickenlooper
- representatives from the Criminal Justice System and 9R School District.
All local LWVLPC members and guests are invited to attend.
The agenda is:
1:00 - 1:15 Introductions: Trish + the LWV process, and Missy + the panelists
1:15 - 1:25 Stephanie Allred, Axis Health System
1:25 - 1:35 Steve Brittain, La Plata Youth Services
1:35 - 1:45 Jenn Lopez, Director of Homeless Initiatives for the Colorado Governor's Office
1:45 - 1:55 Judge Minot, 6th Judicial District Special Courts
1:55 - 2:05 Jackie Oros, School District 9R
2:05 - 2:15 Jaynee Fontecchio-Spradling, Community Health Action Coalition, Laplata County Community Behavioral Health Plan
2:15 - 2:50 Voting and follow-up
* The Great Decisions 2016 series, sponsored by the Durango Public Library, the Foreign Policy Association and the League of Women Voters of La Plata County will commence on Tuesday, January 12, 2016 with 8 sessions held bi-weekly through Tuesday, April 19, 2016.Sessions are held at the Durango Public Library from 11:45AM until 1:45PM.
If you are interested in world affairs, this is the place for you. You are invited to participate in discussions ranging from the Middle East to Climate Change impacts
Click GD 2016 flyer for more information including a brief description of each session.
To help you in your preparations, please consider purchasing a 2016 Great Decisions Briefing Book provided by the Foreign Policy Association. Click 2016 Briefing Book for more info concerning purchasing the Briefing Book.